Thursday, December 29, 2005

Our Holiday Season......

We had such a nice Holiday season. Except for some flu and colds and coughs that won't go away it was super. Christmas Eve was spent at my sisters house with the biggest bowl-o-mashed potatoes ever!!! She knows how much I love them and made them all big and stuff for me!!! Even the campfire sweet potatoes turned out completely yummy!!! We opened gifts, birthday gifts and pool towels. I think the pool towels were a big effort to suck up for the upcoming summer swim season....but who knows? :-)

We went to the 7pm church service which was very nice. I love the old traditional church hymns at Christmas but due to my cough I could not really belt it out. My niece Jordan took that over for me and did a great job. Lexi fell asleep for a little bit as expected in a dark, warm church. We went back to my sisters and had dessert. YUMMY!!!!

Then it was back to our house to get ready for Santa. We got the cookies and milk ready with a note for Santa. The kids sprinkled reindeer food out on the front lawn. Then they got in the jammies and tried to sleep. It took a while for the lids to finally fall but they finally did.

We awoke about 8am on Christmas morning to find that Santa really did come. He brought Lexi the Cold Nose Puppy she asked for and Wolfie the air soft bb guns he wanted, complete with safety goggles. Rob got a new toy for the PS2 and was obsessed from the get go. Our Christmas morning was nice and I'm happy to report my kids did NOT get spoiled one bit this Christmas...Believe me? :-0

We then headed over to Rob's family and were a bit late. Everyone was chomping at the bit. First was had the traditional family breakfast over there. Eggs, bacon, little sausages and sweet rolls. Of course washed down with a coke because it was now 11AM!!! It was a very nice Christmas over there and Wolfie got to play Santa this year and hand out the gifts to everyone. I did a very bad job and didn't even get my camera out.

We then headed home for naps and to rest up. We went back for a dinner that was out of this world. I am really not a foo-foo eater. Give me the good old turkey, mashed potatoes and gravy with some nice soft rolls. Rob's mom is always predictable and I can't count on this meal every Christmas. Although don't think I ran far away from the Tomato Aspic salad she made. Imagine a tomato jello....ewwwwwww.

We also did some fun things this holiday. Rob had some time off and so did I. We went to Kids Gone Wild and let the kids run their energy out, went to see the chronicles of Narnia, spent the day in Berkeley, cleaned both kids rooms (how's that fun?) and freecycled some stuff away to make room in the garage....yeah!!!!

I hope you all had a great holiday season!!! Check out all my photos at the Flickr link below. If you view as a slideshow you WON'T be able to ready what the photo's are all about....so click on the first photo which should be the giant mashed pile....then over to the right hand side there is a place to click on NEXT to view the next photo of Wolfie on a bean bag....then you can just click next and read all the captions......Happy Holidays Everyone!!! Love to you all!!!!!




P.S. I did NOT get to see Brokeback Mountain yet.......So peeps....get ready
to see it soon with ME!!!!!

1 comment:

Vicki said...

Those mashed potatoes look sooooo good! Looks like you have been having fun! I am so glad your kids are not spoiled like mine ;)!! Cute pics!!