Friday, December 28, 2007

www.backup.com

Okay so I think I told you guys that my MacBook laptop died.  It was a sad day but I took it last night to the Apple Store.  The guy at the Genius Bar seemed totally bored by the fact that it died and I may have lost all my files, photos and music.  I'm sure he sees many people daily who have not backed up correctly.  I wasn't special in his eyes or anything.  He could of still given me a sad smile or something. So basically it's like 99% positive that I have in fact lost everything, hard drive and maybe even the circuit board or something with a fancy name like that.  So for $280 they will replace it all, clean it up and get it back running.  Great.  Funny thing is I had been working on archiving all my photos from iPhoto and was getting ready to transfer all the pics to my USB drives for storage.  I was a few days too late.  Rob got me a external hard drive for Christmas with like 8000 GIG of memory or something like that.  I'm going to start using that puppy.  So the moral of the story is....back up your stuff people.  Don't wait for tomorrow.  Tomorrow might not come and then you to will be in front of a "Genius" with a  blank stare on his face charging you $280 to verify that you have lost everything......so back it up......

No comments: