Saturday, April 22, 2006

Moms Co-Pilot!!


Here's one of my best little buddies!!! He's been my co-pilot since he's been sick and out of school. Even though he's been sick I have gotten so much closer with him being with me all the time. He's still written out of school but will go in next week to take the STAR test's with his class. I will continue to homeschool him for several more weeks and I'm hoping he will get back to school the last few weeks of school. I think it's important to end the year with his friends!!

He's still having some post strep issues. As of about a week ago he got a fever one night. Also he's been having on and off joint pain along with rash's here and there. We are in the process of switching health insurance and will start over with all new docs for him. Of course that means more doc appts ! Hopefully they won't require all new blood work. His Kaiser doc told me the other day there are over 75 pages of lab work in their computer just on him alone!! His infectious disease doc said that when he went to talk about Wolfie's case with his peers the docs were wanting him to go on a preventive penicillian for a year to five years. He's got the choice of a shot in the butt once a month or 2 pills a day. He's opting for 2 pills a day!!

It's also touch and go because Wolfie wants to try out for the local AAU basketball team. His doc's told him that if HE'S up for it he can try it. Only Wolfie will kind of know his own limits. I'm leaving it up to him. His doc's tell me that he should not just sit and not do anything but use his body and get his stamina back. Hopefully with the weather getting better he can start swimming. We went to a PUMP IT UP party Friday night and he did great. I'm praying we are on the road back to being on our regular routine!!!

I appreciate all the prayers and good thoughts for Wolfie and our family!!! I think it's really working!!!

1 comment:

Denise said...

He's such a cutie! I think it's great that you are so close with him. Hope everything is going well!