Friday, July 07, 2006

Da Bears............

We went to Lake Tahoe a few weeks ago. We took our tent trailer and stayed with friends on their property. They live close to Emerald Bay and it's just beautiful there. The weather was perfect and the company was great!!!

This is a place on the Truckee River and it's nickname is fanny bridge. Everyone looks over the side of the bridge as cars drive by so all you see are people's fannies.

Our friend Steve took both kids and Rob out on his canoe.
They all had fun and didn't evenfall out!!


Here's the kids at Eagle Falls at Emerald Bay.....There was a freaky waterfall there and I really had to try to not freak out about the kids just fallng off the edge of the cliff....but they were fine and we had a nice picnic on one of the flat rocks.

Okay now for the bear story. It was after dinner and we were just sitting around making smores on their fire pit. The awesome iTUNES music was going and the marshmallows were roasting just perfect. It had gotten a bit darker then in the photo above.....Lexi wants to hear scary stories. Of course I'm the kind of mom who likes to freak out my kids so I normally oblidge their story request when out camping....after all they are sleeping in the camper with us and safe!! I didn't want our friends to think I'm the freak kind of mom who freaks out her kids so I stay quiet.....Shannon finally gives into Lexi's begging and begins to tell a story....it's all about this noise, dark trees and something coming out of them....it was a NAKED BEAR......We laugh and love the part about the bear being naked.

About 10-15 minutes later as it's getting darker out I see this shadow walking behind the trees that you see (Okay at first I thought he walked in front of the trees....I think he still might of....but who knows....) I say in a little voice....."Hey I think that's a bear over there" It was like 15 feet away. As everyone turns to look....the bear turns and looks at us. Shanon, our host, says to slowly walk in the house...I grab Lexi's arm and as calmly as I can go into the house. Wolfie came behind us and Rob and Steve and Shannon just sat there and the bear turned back around and took off. In the house I was freaking out. A city girl like me has NEVER seen a bear that close up. Lexi didn't see it so. She was sobbing and totally scared. Poor girl!! She wanted to sleep in the house that night instead of the camper. After some calming down she relaxed and we all realized that Shannon's scary story had come true. We went back outside by the fire for a little bit and relaxed before going inside and watching some Chris Angel Mind Freak episodes. Have you seen these? I will post more about this guy later......Oh yeah our family was able to sleep in the tent trailer and had no more problems with bears!!!

Rob took this photo of Shannon, Steve, me and the kiddos. Shannon and Steve have a very comfortable life in Tahoe and we are very glad to have hooked back up with them. We actually meet them down in the East Bay about 12 years ago through Rob's job. Very cool couple!!! Thanks S&S for your hospitality and for bringing out all your toys for the kids to play with!

P.S. My spell check for blogger isn't working so please excuse any spelling.......

No comments: