Monday, July 17, 2006

I got tagged...BLOG it BABY!!!!

I got tagged.....I have never been tagged before so I'm really excited!! LOL I don't
remember how long ago but I came across a very cool So Cal Blog http://socalmom.typepad.com/travelblog/
Her name is Donna and she's very cool. I have a medium sized romantic love affair with LA
and she writes some fun stuff about her experiences living there. In fact for my
last trip to LA last week she gave me some great advice.

There is a very cool blogging conference coming up very soon. http://blogher.org/ It's actually about an hour and a half from where I live and I am bummed that I won't be able to make it. Maybe next year I can get my real life blogging buddies and go and make a fun weekend of it. Lots of bloggers that I read are going and it would be very cool to meet them in real life. Okay so Donna TAGGED me and here's the answers to the questions:



1. When did you start blogging and why? Or Talk about your blog. What can I learn about you in under 5 minutes?

I started to blog in March of 2006. I love the idea of doing an online jourmal. I thought I would keep it a "secret" blog and really be able to use it for mental health therapy but then my friend http://giardino5.blogspot.com/ started to blog and I could not keep it a secret from her. I have several other real life friends that blog also:

http://momto3girlz.blogspot.com/

http://familyfriendsfun.blogspot.com/

http://thelindenmuthboys.blogspot.com/


2. How do you use blogging to build friendships?

I have several bloggers that I feel totally confortable writing to. I also love to blog about things that I do in RL and check out my RL friends blogs and see how they relate or photos they may have taken of the same event.


3. Who do you read every day, rain or shine?

So cal Mom, Suburban Bliss, SAJ, my RL friends, RockStar Mom, Rosie O Blog (Don't ask I just like her) , Me and my Shadows, CityMama, Dooce, BlurboMat, How Twisted is Kate and Four SweetPeas. Sorry I don't have time for links.......

4. Why did you choose to share that piece of yourself in a photograph?

I like to change my thumbnail around. I'm totally open to showing people who I really am. Of course a day when my makeup is on and hair is done is good also!!!

5. How would you describe your writing style?

Okay so I'm not really a "writer". I'm totally into photographs (Thank Goodness for Flickr) and what they can say and express. I have more of a photo blog with some words mixed in. My writing style is loose with many mistakes cause my spell check isn't working for some reason.


6. If you could spend time with one person (other than your spouse, because really, let’s not rack up the suck up points here)


So Cal Mom, Suburban Bliss and Secret Agent Josephine.


7. What don’t you write about? Anything considered a no-no in your book?

Since most everyone knows that I blog I try and not write anything hurtful or too personal. I'm a pretty open person but don't like to cross the line. I like to mostly update friends and family of our life.

8. How do you feel about meeting bloggers in real life?

I would love to meet some of the blogs I read at a blogher event.....(wish I was going) but they probably don't read my blog and might think I'm a stalker. :-)

I got on a message board on AOL back in 1996 (Dial Up HELL) when my son was one and I still talk to all those gals. We even got together in Vegas one time and I had a few of them stop by my house. Thinking back I was not nervous to go. Of course my friend Tam went with me. I had backup in case things went horrible wrong. It all worked out and I still talk to them and some of them have blogs also.

11. Have you written anything controversial? Is blogging controversial?

I think that blogging can be very controversial. Especially if one is saying not so nice things about the people in their day to day life. It's a fine line that we choose to cross. I think it's okay to talk about politics and religion if you are open to to reactions and opinions. I'm a pretty open minded person and like to think I can see other people's ideas and thoughts.


12. Are you and your blogging persona the same person?

I think they are.....are they readers ????? For the people that know me write a comment and let me know.


13. Have you ever anonymously posted on a site to flame them?

Nope....

14. If you had a super power, what would it be?

To be able to make people's worries go away.....heal the sick......help the poor.......


Thanks Donna for the tag....I will tag some people on Tuesday....watch out for the TAG!!!

1 comment:

3boysmom said...

Okay, I need links :-)) to check out your daily reads!!!